A silver quarter found in change



Today in my pocket, I found a 1942 quarter.  Although the Philadelphia minted quarter is quite common (actually the second most common quarter minted between 1932 and 1962), most have been pulled from circulation by the silver hoarders .  In fact, this is the first silver quarter I have received in change in over fifteen years (I have received a couple of silver wartime nickels in that time).

The coin has been in circulation for 80 years (although, I'm guessing it sat in a drawer for many of the years -- as it clearly does not have 80 years worth of wear.

This completes a great week for me in which I also found a pearl inside a fried oyster.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great find! I also feel glad whenever I get change and see old coins. I have a couple of them still in my old wallet.

    ReplyDelete