Learning about coins in school

From time to time I have complained about the lack of numismatic education in our schools.  I am pleased to report on a school that has decided to include at least some numismatics in their curriculum.

I met an eighth grader named Evie in Kingston, Pensylvxxxx (for her privacy, I have x'd out portions of her address).  During a brief interview, Evie told me that in school she was learning about the portrait on each coin and note.  She even learned that Salmon Chase was on the $10,000 bill (You will recall that Salmon Chase was involved in the origin of In God We Trust on our coins).

Of course, I would like to see much more numismatics taught in the schools.  At least the portrait information is a start.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there to all, how is everything, I thinκ evеry one is gettіng morе frоm this
    web pagе, and your views are goоd in suppοrt οf new
    peoplе.

    Alѕo visit my page; Www.Imaginalmission.net

    ReplyDelete